[Firmware] What features are added via new Firmware (Ver. 1211.4) update?First published 2018.07.19/ Updated: 2018.08.10
New added features on Firmware (Ver. 1211.4) update for July 2018 are as follows.
1. Added Enterprise-WPA2 support ( TLS, TTLS, PEAP )
- Enterprise WPA2 support (WLAN specification using ID and PW / 802.1x)
2. Added Screen-sharing function
- Wireless screen transmission function (large-screen sharing)
- If the receiving device supports Miracast, it does not need a separate dongle, but for devices that do not support Miracast like video wall, a separate Miracast dongle is required.
3. OTN Support Ready
- Automatic update of firmware through internet. You need to manually update the firmware up to the current version. If you install the firmware after installing the firmware, you can use Automatic Update if you have an Internet connection.
4. Showing P2P MAC (In Contact Samsung)
- Customers who use WIPS (Wireless Intrusion Prevention System) may need to exclude P2P MAC addresses for mirroring use. There was no way to check this information on Flip before, but we have added information to the Contact Samsung menu that can be verified in the current version.
5. IPv6 support
- IPv6 standard Internet address is supported.
6. Added Help Guide for screensaver
- Added the guide screen in the screensaver.
7. Local Address Book (CSV format) support
- Address book import function using CSV has been added to the menu.
- Usage will be added to the web manual.
8. Added an option to switch off Guide in case of full screen pop-up of import source.
- Added an option to hide the full screen exit guide that always appeared when switching sources to full screen.
9. Full Screen Capture of import source support
- When the import source is full screen, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to capture in full screen. The resolution is the same as capturing on a small screen.
10. No authentication SMTP support
- SMTP type that is used without authentication is also supported.
11. Added LDAP auth(Kerberos)
- Added Kerberos type among LDAP authentication methods.
- The existing authentication types are Anonymous authentication and Basic authentication.
12. WIFI On/Off (In Factory)
- An option to turn Wifi on and off separately from a wired network has been added to the factory mode. (Requested by the military)