What information do we collect about you?
We may collect various types of personal information in connection with the Business Services.
- We may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, country, registration details (such as password and registration IP), and any communications you send or deliver to us;
We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use; information stored in cookies that we have set on your device; and information about your device settings;
We also may receive personal information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
How do we use your information?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide technical support and maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security on the Business Services;
- subject to your consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, for example, in legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities; or
- otherwise with your consent or as described to at the time your information is collected.
Through the Business Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Business Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the Business Services and improve the Business Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Business Services, help administer the Business Services and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
To whom do we disclose your information?
We do not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. But we may share your information with the following entities:
- Samsung affiliates;
- third parties when necessary to provide you with requested products and services. For example, we may disclose your payment data to financial institutions as appropriate to process transactions that you have requested;
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centers, customer care activities, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- other parties: (i) to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order); (ii) to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Business Services; (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; (iv) as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy;
- with other third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Business Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected.
Can you access your information?
How long do we keep your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes.
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Business Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the Business Services and provide you with a better experience.
When you use a web browser to access the Business Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Business Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Business Services, or certain parts of them.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain about you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the Contact section below.
The Business Services may offer choices related to the collection, deletion and sharing of certain information and communications about products, services and promotions. You can access the settings to learn about choices that may be available to you when you use the Business Service. If you decline to allow the Business Services to collect, store or share certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features available through the Business Services.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org